PNG7000 Analog AWGN Noise Generator
The PNG7000A Series instruments generate white Gaussian
noise (AWGN) and provide a summing input to control signal-to-noise
(SNR) or carrier-to-noise (CNR) for bit-error-ratio (BER)
testing. The output can also be used as a source for Jitter applications.
A key feature of this instrument is its low distortion signal path that sums the
user-supplied signal with the internal precision white
noise source. Standard units can be modified for specific customer
requirements. Please consult the factory for pricing and
availability of these requests.
- Type N, BNC, or SMA connectors available
- 127 dB attenuation in 1 dB, or optional 0.1 dB steps*
- Summing input for CNR, or Eb/No measurements
- 0 dB signal path insertion loss
- +/- 0.25 dB per 40 MHz noise band smoothing
- SP6T switch allows four internal/external filter paths
- Standard Ethernet, or optional GPIB remote control
- Optional rear panel connectors
* Units above 2 GHz have 79.9 dB attenuation
Chinese datasheet available.