The RF configuration includes a broadband noise source, noise path attenuator (with a maximum attenuation range of 127.9 dB in 0.1 dB steps) and a switch. RF connection for the signal input and noise output can be located on either the front or rear panels of the instrument. An optional signal combiner, and signal attenuator allow independent control of the noise & signal paths to vary SNR while BER testing.
The RFX7000B is primarily designed for automated and remote control applications typically found in a rackmount test system. Rear panel ethernet is standard, GPIB and RS-232 connectivity is available through optional adaptors. Additionally, the instrument can be manually controlled through use of a mouse and display connected to the rear panel.
Noisecom programmable noise generators are highly customizable and can be configured to meet the needs of the most complex testing challenges.
- Output White Gaussian noise
- 127 dB of attenuation; 0.1 dB step size
- Units > 2 GHz have total attenuation of 79.9 dB
- Low distortion signal path
- Noise attenuator accuracy:
- ±0.2 dB or 0.5% at 1 – 500 MHz
- ±0.2 dB or 1% at 0.5 – 1.0 GHz
- ±0.3 dB or 2% at 1 – 2 GHz
- Standard connectors SMA female
- Power 115 VAC, 60 Hz; 110 VAC, 220 VAC
- Operating Temperature: -10° to +65°C